Sunday, March 1, 2009

Make your own album cover!



I love this idea from Robin on her blog A Bird In the Hand where you create your own album cover by....
  1. Go to Wikipedia. Hit 'random'. The first Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
  2. Go to Quotations Page and select 'random quotations'. The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.
  3. Go to Flickr and click on 'explore the last seven days'. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. I used the third picture down.
  4. Use Picnik (or photoshop or whatever) to put it all together; I used my new favorite toy, Picasa. Then tell us about your album.
  5. Comment with the link to your album
This is mine above, I love it!

Band name: Stripe-Capped Sparrow

File:Americantreesparrow36.jpg

Album name: "In the highest civilization, the book is still the highest delight. He who has once known its satisfactions is provided with a resource against calamity."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Album Cover: My old-tree house by abless

I would describe my band as an acoustic trio, featuring an acoustic guitar, banjo and slide guitar- something like the band Iron and Wine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool idea! I'll have to try it out when I'm super bored... which means soon.

We Blog Artists said...

LOVE this idea...I'm going to definitely use it for one of this month Posts...have already posted twice today...so I'll wait a few days...but will write when I've done it!

Robin said...

What a gret album cover, especially the name of the album! When do you go on tour?

Thanks for playing along!

Leciawp said...

Very fun! (My husband said he saw that on dpreview.com; the blogger you mention must have been citing someone else.)

Giulia said...

This was a lot of fun. I totally forgot to write my thoughts on the band...techno-bouzouki w/some rai? Will mull. Meanwhile, thanks for the fun. And to Robin, too. ciao

http://unebricoleuse.blogspot.com/2009/03/amusement-make-album-cover.html