Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring!


Spring!, originally uploaded by jamieshelman.

I think my hand and pen knew it was spring before my mind did! Don't know where all these garden drawings came from today but love it! Hope you're having a great week! I've been so busy updating, scanning, and photographing that it was great to just sit down and draw today! Hope it's looking more spring like where you're at, here on the vineyard it's still gray and dull! I can't wait for the full burst of color and smell of flowers and cut grass!

7 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

Love your garden sketches...it's still grey and dull here too...we just said goodbye to the snow we've had for the past 4 months!
Love your blog...it's a great read and very fresh and inspiring!

Mary-Laure said...

My favorite season!

Ina in Alaska said...

Very sweet.... xo

Anonymous said...

Your gorgeous illustration captures the essence of Spring perfectly!

Ina in Alaska said...

Hi again Jamie! I just was looking thru my "comments" and saw your question about our volcano, Mt. Redoubt. A busy little bee, this volcano. It has erupted many many times this week. It is about 100 miles away so we are at the mercy of the winds. So far, little to no ash has fallen in our direction (Anchorage), but Alaska Airlines has cancelled all flights for today March 26. Hoping it calms down, volcanic ash is very very harmful to everything! Thanks for asking.

Cindy said...

this is my favorite! enjoy your weekend!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

i love this gardening cat! hooray gardening cat and jamie!